WELCOME TO JOURNEY TO THE ANVIL


JOURNEY TO THE ANVIL LEARNING TO FORGE















Wednesday 9 July 2014

STAINLESS STEEL FORKS

Back in February I managed to blag a couple of hours with friends in their glass workshop. Really enjoyable making beads, well trying to make beads and some fused glass plates. Although not really for me, the whole experience was very worthwhile and you never know I might have another go soon. Anyway moral of the story?? I found some old forks whilst clearing out the original workshop, me being a mini hoarder could not possibly throw them away, so a use had to found. Result..............

Why not make some small plate holders for the fused glass. Here is the result. Nothing special, and a pain as I was using the left overs of an old Mapp gas bottle. Interesting to forge and quite a bit different from mild steel, but the result was pleasing.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment